26 Apr Thomas Edison Wellness Fair
On Saturday, April 24th, Thomas Edison EnergySmart Charter School hosted its first Wellness Fair for the community. This event was open to the public and focused on healthy living, healthy habits and sustainable practices for a healthier planet.
There were vendors on site, performances, giveaways and more. Some of the vendors included:
– a physical therapist that spoke about the benefits of physical therapy
– a chiropractor that spoke about how to keep healthy bones/spine
– RWJ Health spoke about health tips to maximize athletic performance and ask questions to give away prizes
– Franklin Township Sheriff’s Dept spoke about how to reach Officials in case of emergency.
– TEECS’ school nurse that spoke about the benefits of vaccinations
– TEECS’ food manager (Maschio’s) that provided healthy, vegetarian meals
– TEECS’ PE teachers that provided physical fitness challenges
The event was kicked off with a performance from TEECS’ Sparkle Squad. Other performances included a martial arts demonstration and a zumba class.
Free, healthy meals will be given to attendees from the vendors as well as plants and flowers from the school’s Environmental Alliance Club.
It was a beautiful day to be out enjoying the fresh air. We thank all who came to spend the afternoon with us and look forward to hosting another event next year.